Our ultimate goal is to understand detailed mechanisms underlying biological phenomena using computational and theoretical tools, and to contribute to curing diseases using the knowledge obtained from such studies. We are currently developing mathematical and computational techniques to model and to simulate biomolecules more efficiently and accurately. An example is an analytical loop closure method that can be used to model flexibilities in proteins loops and cyclic peptides. We will apply these methods to prediction of protein structures and biomolecular interactions, and also extend such experiences to design of new drugs and proteins.
- Ph.D. Chemistry, University of Chicago, USA, 1998
- M.S. Chemistry, University of Chicago, USA, 1995
- B.S. Chemistry, Seoul National University, Korea, 1993
- Research Associate, University of Chicago, 1999
- Research Associate, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, 2000
- Research Associate, University of California, San Francisco, 2000-2004
- J. Yang, S. Kwon, S.-H. Bae, K. M. Park, C. Yoon, J.-H. Lee, and C. Seok, GalaxySagittarius: Structure- and Similarity-Based Prediction of Protein Targets for Druglike Compounds, J. Chem. Inf. Model, 60 (6), 3246-3254 (2020).
- J. Yang, M. Baek, and C. Seok, GalaxyDock3: Protein-ligand docking that considers the full ligand conformational flexibility, J. Comput. Chem. 40 (31), 2739-2748 (2019).
- J. Won, G. R. Lee, H. Park, and C. Seok, GalaxyGPCRloop: Template-Based and Ab Initio Structure Sampling of the Extracellular Loops of G-Protein-Coupled Receptors, J. Chem. Inf. Model, 58 (6), 1234-1243 (2018).
- G. R. Lee and C. Seok, Galaxy7TM: Flexible GPCR-ligand docking by structure refinement, Nucleic Acids Res. 44 (W1), W502-506 (2016).
- H. Park, H. Lee, and C. Seok, High-resolution Protein-protein Docking by Global Optimization: Recent Advances and Future Challenges, Current Opinion in Structural Biology, 35, 24-31 (2015).
- H. Lee, L. Heo, M. S. Lee, and C. Seok, GalaxyPepDock: a protein-peptide docking tool based on interaction similarity and energy optimization, Nucleic Acids Res. 43 (W1), W431-W435 (2015).
102. Evaluating GPCR modeling and docking strategies in the era of deep learning-based protein structure prediction
Sumin Lee, Seeun Kim, Gyu Rie Lee, Sohee Kwon, Hyeonuk Woo, Chaok Seok, Hahnbeom Park
Computational and Structural Biotechnology Journal, 2023, 21, 158-167, (2023-01-01)
101. CSAlign and CSAlign-Dock: Structure alignment of ligands considering full flexibility and application to protein–ligand docking
So hee Kwon, Chaok Seok
Computational and Structural Biotechnology Journal, 2023, 21, 1-10, (2023-01)
100. Atomic-level thermodynamics analysis of the binding free energy of SARS-CoV-2 neutralizing antibodies
Jihyeon Lee, Chaok Seok, Sihyun Ham, Song-Ho Chong
Proteins: Structure, Function, and Bioinformatics, 2022, 1-11, (2022-12-23)
Jiho Sim, Sohee Kwon, Chaok Seok
Nucleic Acids Research, 2022, 51, D403–D408, (2022-10-16)
98. GalaxyWater-CNN: Prediction of Water Positions on the Protein Structure by a 3D-Convolutional Neural Network
Sangwoo Park, Chaok Seok
Journal of Chemical Information and Modeling, 2022, 62, 13, 3157–3168, (2022-07-11)
97. A benchmark study of machinel earning methods for molecular electronic transition: Tree-based ensemble learning versus graph neural network
Beomchang Kang, Chaok Seok, Juyong Lee
Bulletin of the Korean Chemical Society, 2022, 43, 3, 328-335, (2022-03-01)
Kyoo Heo, Jae-Woo Lee, Yongdae Jang, Sohee Kwon, Jaehun Lee, Chaok Seok, Nam-Chul Ha, Yeong-Jae Seok
Journal of Biological Chemistry, 2022, 298, 3, 101626, (2022-03)
95. GalaxyDomDock: An ab initio domain–domain docking web server for multi-domain protein structure prediction
Jayun Choi, Taeyong Park, Seung Yul Lee, Jinsol Yang, Chaok Seok
Journal of Molecular Biology, 2022, 167508, (2022-02-22)
Andriy Kryshtafovych, John Moult, Wendy M Billings, Dennis Della Corte, Krzysztof Fidelis, Sohee Kwon, Kliment Olechnovič, Chaok Seok, Česlovas Venclovas, Jonghun Won, CASP‐COVID participants
Proteins: Structure, Function, and Bioinformatics, 2021, 89, 12, 1987-1996, (2021-12)
Taeyong Park, Hyeonuk Woo, Jinsol Yang, Sohee Kwon, Jonghun Won, Chaok Seok
Proteins: Structure, Function, and Bioinformatics, 2021, 89, 12, 1844-1851, (2021-12)