Our goal is to develop a new generation of biosensors, therapeutic agents, or cell-based assays created from highly functional nanomaterials/structures and biomolecules important in human disease and health. Major application areas of developed constructs/methods include in vitro bioassay and in vivo imaging-based disease diagnostics, interfacing biologically functional surface with cells of interest, drug delivery, and synthetic cell biology.
- Ph.D. Chemistry, Northwestern University, Evanston, IL, USA, 2004
- B.S. and M.S. Chemistry, Hanyang University, Seoul, South Korea
- Consultant, Nanosphere, Inc., Northbrook, IL, USA, 2004
- Postdoctoral Research Fellow, Department of Chemistry, University of California, Berkeley and Physical Biosciences Division, Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory, Berkeley, CA, USA (Advisor: Prof. Jay T. Groves): 2004-2005
- Associate Professor, School of Chemistry, Seoul National University: 2006-Current
- Scientific Advisory Board Member, Medifron DBT: 2006-Current
- Nanogap-Engineerable, Raman-Active Nanodumbbells for Single-Molecule Detection, Nature Materials, 9, 50 (2010).
- Highly Uniform and Reproducible Surface-Enhanced Raman Scattering from DNA-Tailorable Nanoparticles with 1-nm Interior Gap, Nature Nanotechnology, 6, 452 (2011).
- Massively Parallel and Quantitative Single-Particle Analysis on Interactions between Plasmonic Nanoparticles on Supported Lipid Bilayer, J. Am. Chem. Soc., 136, 4081 (2014).
- Oxidative Nanopeeling Chemistry-Based Synthesis and Photodynamic and Photothermal Therapeutic Applications of Plasmonic Core-Petal Nanostructures, J. Am. Chem. Soc., 136, 16317 (2014).
- Plasmonic Nanogap-Enhanced Raman Scattering with Nanoparticles, Acc. Chem. Res., 49, 2746 (2016).
- Nano-Bio Computing Lipid Nanotablet, Science Advances, 5, eaau2124 (2019).
128. Toward Quantitative Surface-Enhanced Raman Scattering with Plasmonic Nanoparticles: A Multiscale View on Heterogeneities in Particle Morphology, Surface Modification, Interface, and Analytical Protocols
Jiwoong Son, Gyeong-Hwan Kim, Yeonhee Lee, Chungyeon Lee, Seungsang Cha, Jwa-Min Nam
Journal of the American Chemical Society, 2022, 144, 49, 22337–22351, (2022-12-14)
Da Yeon Choi, Suhyun Kim, Jeong-Wook Oh, Jwa-Min Nam
Bulletin of the Korean Chemical Society , 2022, 43, 12, 1298-1306, (2022-09-29)
125. Heterogeneous Component Au (Outer)–Pt (Middle)–Au (Inner) Nanorings: Synthesis and Vibrational Characterization on Middle Pt Nanorings with Surface-Enhanced Raman Scattering
Soohyun Lee, Insub Jung, Jiwoong Son, Sungwoo Lee, Minsun Park, Ji-Eun Kim, Woocheol Park, Jaewon Lee, Jwa-Min Nam, Sungho Park
ACS nano, 2022, 16, 7, 11259–11267, (2022-07-26)
124. Trends and perspectives in bio-and eco-friendly sustainable nanomaterial delivery systems through biological barriers
Seongchan Kim, Taegon Oh, Hyojin Lee, Jwa-Min Nam
Materials Chemistry Frontiers, 2022, (2022-05-18)
123. Enormous Enhancement in Single-Particle Surface-Enhanced Raman Scattering with Size-Controllable Au Double Nanorings
Jieun Shin, Sungwoo Lee, Sungjae Yoo, Insub Jung, Soohyun Lee, Jeongwon Kim, Jiwoong Son, Ji-Eun Kim, Jae-Myoung Kim, Jwa-Min Nam, Sungho Park
Chemistry of Materials, 2022, 34, 5, 2197–2205, (2022-03-08)
122. Ring-in-a-Triangle Nanoframes: Integrating with Intra- and Interhotspots for Highly Amplified Near-Field Focusing
Sungeun Go, Sungjae Yoo, Jiwoong Son, Soohyun Lee, Jaewon Lee, Sungwoo Lee, Jeongwon Kim, Minsun Park, Woocheol Park, Jae-Myoung Kim, Jwa-Min Nam, Sungho Park
Nano Letters, 2022, 22, 4, 1734–1740, (2022-02-23)
Sunghee Lee, Kyunjong Sim, So Yoon Moon, Jisu Choi, Yoojung Jeon, Jwa-Min Nam, So-Jung Park
Advanced Materials, 2021, 33, 46, 2007668, (2021-11-18)
120. Synthesis, Assembly, Optical Properties, and Sensing Applications of Plasmonic Gap Nanostructures
Jae-Myoung Kim, Chungyeon Lee, Yeonhee Lee, Jinhaeng Lee, So-Jung Park, Sungho Park, Jwa-Min Nam
Advanced Materials, 2021, 33, 46, 2006966, (2021-11-18)
Tatsuya Nakazawa, Donghyun Kim, Shinichi Kato, Jusang Park, Jwa-min Nam, Hyungjun Kim
Photonics, 2021, 8, 11, 505, (2021-11-10)