남좌민 Nam, Jwa-Min
OFFICE 503-425 / 02-880-6816
LAB 503-406,429 / 02-880-4370
Our goal is to develop a new generation of biosensors, therapeutic agents, or cell-based assays created from highly functional nanomaterials/structures and biomolecules important in human disease and health. Major application areas of developed constructs/methods include in vitro bioassay and in vivo imaging-based disease diagnostics, interfacing biologically functional surface with cells of interest, drug delivery, and synthetic cell biology.
- Ph.D. Chemistry, Northwestern University, Evanston, IL, USA, 2004
- B.S. and M.S. Chemistry, Hanyang University, Seoul, South Korea
- Consultant, Nanosphere, Inc., Northbrook, IL, USA, 2004
- Postdoctoral Research Fellow, Department of Chemistry, University of California, Berkeley and Physical Biosciences Division, Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory, Berkeley, CA, USA (Advisor: Prof. Jay T. Groves): 2004-2005
- Associate Professor, School of Chemistry, Seoul National University: 2006-Current
- Scientific Advisory Board Member, Medifron DBT: 2006-Current
- Nanogap-Engineerable, Raman-Active Nanodumbbells for Single-Molecule Detection, Nature Materials, 9, 50 (2010).
- Highly Uniform and Reproducible Surface-Enhanced Raman Scattering from DNA-Tailorable Nanoparticles with 1-nm Interior Gap, Nature Nanotechnology, 6, 452 (2011).
- Massively Parallel and Quantitative Single-Particle Analysis on Interactions between Plasmonic Nanoparticles on Supported Lipid Bilayer, J. Am. Chem. Soc., 136, 4081 (2014).
- Oxidative Nanopeeling Chemistry-Based Synthesis and Photodynamic and Photothermal Therapeutic Applications of Plasmonic Core-Petal Nanostructures, J. Am. Chem. Soc., 136, 16317 (2014).
- Plasmonic Nanogap-Enhanced Raman Scattering with Nanoparticles, Acc. Chem. Res., 49, 2746 (2016).
- Nano-Bio Computing Lipid Nanotablet, Science Advances, 5, eaau2124 (2019).
Young Kwang Lee, Jwa-Min Nam
Small, 2012, 8, 6, 832-837, (2012-03-26) Link
37. UV/Ozone-Oxidized Large-Scale Graphene Platform with Large Chemical Enhancement in Surface-Enhanced Raman Scattering
Sung Huh, Jaesung Park, Young Soo Kim, Kwang S. Kim, Byung Hee Hong, Jwa-Min Nam
ACS Nano, 2011, 5, 12, 9799-9806, (2011-12-27) Link
Zhegang Huang, Hyojin Lee, Eunji Lee, Seong-Kyun Kang, Jwa-Min Nam, Myongsoo Lee
Nature Communications, 2011, 2, 1, 459-459, (2011-09-06) Link
35. Nanoparticle-Functionalized Polymer Platform for Controlling Metastatic Cancer Cell Adhesion, Shape, and Motility
Hyojin Lee, Yeongseon Jang, Jinhwa Seo, Jwa-Min Nam, Kookheon Char
ACS Nano, 2011, 5, 7, 5444-5456, (2011-07-26) Link
34. Tumor Targeting and Imaging Using Cyclic RGD-PEGylated Gold Nanoparticle Probes with Directly Conjugated Iodine-125
Young-Hwa Kim, Jongho Jeon, Su Hyun Hong, Won-Kyu Rhim, Yun-Sang Lee, Hyewon Youn, June-Key Chung, Myung Chul Lee, Dong Soo Lee, Keon Wook Kang, Jwa-Min Nam
Small, 2011, 7, 14, 2052-2060, (2011-07-18) Link
33. Highly Stable, Amphiphilic DNA-encoded Nanoparticle Conjugates for DNA Encoding/decoding Applications
Dong-Kwon Lim, Min-Hao Cui, Jwa-Min Nam
Journal of Materials Chemistry, 2011, 21, 26, 9467-9470, (2011-07-14) Link
32. Highly Uniform and Reproducible Surface-enhanced Raman Scattering from DNA-tailorable Nanoparticles with 1-nm Interior Gap
Dong-Kwon Lim, Ki-Seok Jeon, Jae-Ho Hwang, Hyoki Kim, Sunghoon Kwon, Yung Doug Suh, Jwa-Min Nam
Nature Nanotechnology, 2011, 6, 7, 452-460, (2011-07-01) Link
31. Minimally Stable Nanoparticle-Based Colorimetric Assay for Simple, Rapid, and Sensitive Antibody Structure and Activity Evaluation
Jung-Reem Woo, Dong-Kwon Lim, Jwa-Min Nam
Small, 2011, 7, 5, 648-655, (2011-03-07) Link
Seon Namgung, Taekyeong Kim, Ku Youn Baik, Minbaek Lee, Jwa-Min Nam, Seunghun Hong
Small, 2011, 7, 1, 56-61, (2011-01-03) Link
Deok-Ho Kim, Hyojin Lee, Young Kwang Lee, Jwa-Min Nam, Andre Levchenko
Advanced Materials, 2010, 22, 41, 4551-4566, (2010-11-02) Link