Research Objective is regarding understanding materials properties as a function of size, fundamental scientific phenomena at a nanoscale by single species spectroscopy and tailoring materials of desirable properties at the smallest scale. Research works have been focused on synthesis and electrical and optical characterizations of low dimensional materials such as electronic molecules, semiconductor quantum dots and metal nanoparticles (0-D), carbon nanotubes and nanowires(1-D), and thin films(2-D) by a SPM combined with a scanning laser spectroscope. As the feature size in micro/nanoelectronic devices continues to decrease, researches on ultimate electronic materials (molecules) and molecular scale integration (MSI) are needed. We study electrical properties and transport phenomena of individual molecules or their chemical structures. Our group also realizes the electrical and optical devices with low dimensional materials such as CNT-FED, Plastic Solar Cell, OLED, Laser Diode, Solid State Lighting, Organic Thin Film Transistors (OTFTs) for the better life of human being.
- Ph.D. Physical Chemistry, Harvard University, USA, 1993
- M.S. Physical Chemistry, Seoul National University, Korea, 1986
- B.S. Chemistry, Seoul National University, Korea, 1984
- “High-Power Genuine Ultraviolet Light-Emitting Diodes Based On Colloidal Nanocrystal Quantum Dots.” Nano Lett., 2015, 15 (6), 3793–3799, also reported in C&E News in May 27, 2015.
- “R/G/B/Natural White Light Thin Colloidal Quantum Dot-Based Light-Emitting Devices.”
- Adv. Mater, 2014, 26, 6387-6393.
- “Highly Efficient Cadmium-Free QD Light-Emitting Diodes Enabled by the Direct Formation of Excitons within InP@ZnSeS Quantum Dots.” ACS Nano, 2013, 7 (10), 9019–9026
- “Bright and Efficient Full-Color Colloidal Quantum Dot Light-Emitting Diodes Using an Inverted Device Structure.” Nano Letters, 2012, 12(5), 2362-2366. Also reported in C&E News in April 10, 2012 and in British PHYSORG.com in April 20, 2012.
- “Multicolored Light-Emitting Diodes Based on All-QD Multilayer Films Using LbL Assembly Method.” Nano Letters, 2010, 10(7), 2368-2373 (Highlighted in MRS Bulletin, Aug, 2010, 35, p566).
- “Highly Efficient Green Light-Emitting Diodes Based on CdSe@ZnS Quantum Dots with Chemical Composition Gradient.” Adv. Mater. 2009, 21, 1690-1694. (Highlighted in Nature Journal).
72. Synthesis of UV/blue light-emitting aluminum hydroxide with oxygen vacancy and their application to electrically driven light-emitting diodes
Heejae Lee, Ahyoung Hong, Jeonghun Kwak, Seonghoon Lee
RSC Advances, 2022, 12, 7, 4322-4328, (2022-02-02)
Yujin Kim, Seonghoon Lee
Chemical Communications, 2022, 58, 6, 875-878, (2022-01-18)
70. A nanoscale Cu 2-x Se ultrathin film deposited via atomic layer deposition and its memristive effects
Kyungsub Lee, Seonghoon Lee
Nanotechnology , 2021, 32, 245202-245210, (2021-03-25)
69. Highly luminescent blue-emitting In1-xGaxP@ZnS quantum dots and their applications in QLEDs with inverted structure
Yujin Kim, Kwangmo Yang, Seonghoon Lee
Journal of Materials Chemistry C, 2020, 8, 23, 7679-7687, (2020-06-21)
68. CdSe tetrapod interfacial layer for improving electron extraction in planar heterojunction perovskite solar cells
Hyunho Lee, Jaehoon Lim, Jiyun Song, Hyeonjun Heo, Kunsik An, Jaehoon Kim, Seonghoon Lee, Kookhen Char, Hyung-Jun Song, Changhee Lee
Nanotechnology, 2019, 30, 6, 065401-065401, (2019-02-08)
67. The prevention of ‘burning’ during the hard anodization in formamide for ultrafast growth of highly ordered arrays of TiO2 nanotubes
Kyungsub Lee, Seonghoon Lee
Electrochimica Acta, 2018, 289, 248-253, (2018-11-01)
66. Effects of external electric field and anisotropic long-range reactivity on charge separation probability
Kyusup Lee, Seonghoon Lee, Cheol Ho Choi, Sangyoub Lee(professor emeritus)
Journal of Chemical Physics, 2017, 147, 14, 144111-144111, (2017-10-14)
65. Quantitative transfer of polar analytes on a solid surface to a liquid matrix in MALDI profilling
Kyung Man Park, Ong Hee Moon, Seonghoon Lee, Myung Soo Kim
Journal of Mass Spectrometry, 2016, 51, 12, 1152-1156, (2016-12-01)
64. Quantification of Carbohydrates and Related Materials Using Sodium Ion Adducts Produced by Matrix-Assisted Laser Desorption Ionization
Sung Hee Ahn, Kyung Man Park, Jeong Hee Moon, Seonghoon Lee, Myung Soo Kim
Journal of The American Society for Mass Spectrometry, 2016, 27, 11, 1887-1890, (2016-11-01)
63. Discovery of a Solvent Effect Preventing Quantitative Profiling by Matrix-assisted Laser Desorption/ionization and Its Treatment
Kyung Man Park, Jeong Hee Moon, Jae Hyung Kim, Un Tak Song, Seonghoon Lee, Myung Soo Kim
Rapid Communications in Mass Spectrometry, 2016, 30, 3, 386-392, (2016-02-15)