Our research in organic chemistry is focused on the development of efficient synthetic methodologies related to the synthesis of physiologically important compounds and the advancement of chiral catalysts aimed at practical asymmetric synthesis. Towards this goal, various heterogeneous media for catalyst immobilization are being actively pursued. Another major research interest of our group involves medicinal chemistry programs including the design and synthesis of various receptor ligands and enzyme inhibitors in connection with therapeutic intervention of human diseases such as obesity, depression and cancer. These medicinal chemistry approaches utilizes essential tools such as peptidomimetics and smart library construction.
- Ph.D. Chemistry, Messachusetts Institute of Technology, USA, 1988
- M.S. Chemistry, Seoul National University, Korea, 1982
- B.S. Chemistry, Seoul National University, Korea, 1980
- Research Fellow, MIT, USA, 1988-1990
- “Structure-Activity Relationships of Fluorene Compounds Inhibiting HCV Variants” Kim, H. S.; You, Y.; Mun, J. G.; Gadhed, C. G.; Moon, H.; Lee, J. S.; Pae, A. N.; Kohara, M.; Keum, G.; Kim, B. M.; Chang, S. K. Antiviral Research, 2020, 174, 104678.
- “AuPd–Fe3O4 nanoparticle-catalyzed synthesis of furan-2,5-dimethylcarboxylate from biomass-derived 5-hydroxymethylfurfural under mild conditions.” Cho, A.; Byun, S.; Cho, J. H.; Kim, B. M. ChemSusChem, 2019, 12, 2310-2317.
- "Synthesis of arenesulfonyl fluorides via sulfuryl fluoride incorporation from arynes" Kwon, J.; Kim, B. M. Org. Lett. 2019, 21, 428–433.
- “Chemoselective Tyrosine Bioconjugation through Sulfate Click Reaction.” Choi, E. J.; Jung, D.; Kim, S.-S.; Lee, Y.; Kim, B. M., Chem-Eur. J. 2018, 24, 10948-10952.
- “AuPd−Fe3O4 Nanoparticle Catalysts for Highly Selective, One‐Pot Cascade Nitro‐Reduction and Reductive Amination” Cho, A.; Byun, S.; Kim, B. M. Adv. Synth. Catal. 2018, 360, 1253-1261.
- “Heterogenized bimetallic Pd–Pt–Fe3O4 nanoflakes as extremely robust, magnetically recyclable catalysts for selective nitroarene reduction” Byun, S.; Song, Y.; Kim, B. M. ACS Appl. Mater. Interfaces, 2016, 8, 14637-14647.
51. Peptide Deformylase Inhibitors with Retro-amide Scaffold: Synthesis and Structure-activity Relationships
Seung Kyu Lee, Kwang Hyun Choi, Sang Jae Lee, Se Won Suh, B. Moon Kim, Bong Jin Lee
Bioorganic & Medicinal Chemistry Letters, 2010, 20, 15, 4317-4319, (2010-08-01)
Jin Kyu Choi, Byung Sun Jeon, Jong Hyun Cho, B. Moon Kim
Bulletin of The Korean Chemical Society, 2010, 31, 3, 735-738, (2010-03-20)
49. Heterogeneous Asymmetric Henry Reaction using a Chiral bis(oxazoline)-copper Complex Immobilized on Magnetically Separable Mesocellular Mesoporous Silica Support
Jun-Mun Lee, Jaeyun Kim, Yongje Shin, Chang-Eun Yeom, Ji Eun Lee, Taeghwan Hyeon, B. Moon Kim
Tetrahedron-Asymmetry, 2010, 21, 3, 285-291, (2010-03-01)
48. Xylocydine, a Novel Cdk Inhibitor, is an Effective Inducer of Apoptosis in Hepatocellular Carcinoma Cells in vitro and in vivo
Seung-Ju Cho, Seung-Soo Lee, Young-Jong Kim, Byoung-Duck Park, Joon-Seok Choi, LinHua Liu, Young-Mi Ham, B. Moon Kim, Seung-Ki Lee
Cancer Letters, 2010, 287, 2, 196-206, (2010-01-28)
Seyoung Kim, Wonmi Hwang, In Seon Lim, Sung Hye Kim, Sang-gi Lee, B. Moon Kim
Tetrahedron Letters, 2010, 51, 4, 709-713, (2010-01-27)
46. [76Br]BMK-I-152, a Non-peptide Analogue for PET Imaging of Corticotropin-releasing Hormone Type 1 Receptor (CRHR1)
L. Lang, Y. Ma, B. Moon Kim, E. M. Jagoda, K. C. Rice, L. P. Szajek, C. Contoreggi, P. W. Gold, G. P. Chrousos, W. C. Eckelman, D. O. Kiesewetter, L. Lang
Journal of Labelled Compounds and Radiopharmaceuticals, 2009, 52, 9, 394-400, (2009-07-01)
Hyunwoo Kim, Soon Mog So, Jik Chin, B. Moon Kim
Aldrichimica Acta, 2008, 41, 3, 77-88, (2008-10-01)
44. Stereospecific Synthesis of C2 Symmetric Diamines from the Mother Diamine by Resonance-Assisted Hydrogen-Bond Directed Diaza-Cope Rearrangement
Hyunwoo Kim, Yen Nguyen, Cindy Pai-Hui Yen, Leonid Chagal, Alan J. Lough, B. Moon Kim, Jik Chin
Journal of The American Chemical Society, 2008, 130, 36, 12184-12191, (2008-09-10)
43. Synthesis and Structural Analysis of 6-Aminobicyclo[2.2.1]heptane-2-carboxylic Acid as a Conformationally Constrained γ-Turn Mimic
Jin-Seong Park, Kyoung Rak Kim, Hye Young Nam, Chang-Eun Yeom, Chieyeon Chough, Soon Ho Kwon, Seonggu Ro, Dong-Kyu Shin, B. Moon Kim
Protein and Peptide Letters, 2008, 15, 9, 980-984, (2008-09-01)
42. A Short Synthesis of Conformationally Constrained Unnatural Bicyclic Amino Acids Containing a Nitrogen Atom at the Ring Juncture: (9aR)- and (9aS)-Octahydropyrido[1,2-a]pyrazine-(3S)-carboxylic Acids (Opc)
Soon Mog So, Chang-Eun Yeom, Seong Mi Cho, Soo Young Choi, Young Keun Chung, B. Moon Kim
Synlett, 2008, 2008, 5, 702-706, (2008-03-01)