Our research in organic chemistry is focused on the development of efficient synthetic methodologies related to the synthesis of physiologically important compounds and the advancement of chiral catalysts aimed at practical asymmetric synthesis. Towards this goal, various heterogeneous media for catalyst immobilization are being actively pursued. Another major research interest of our group involves medicinal chemistry programs including the design and synthesis of various receptor ligands and enzyme inhibitors in connection with therapeutic intervention of human diseases such as obesity, depression and cancer. These medicinal chemistry approaches utilizes essential tools such as peptidomimetics and smart library construction.
- Ph.D. Chemistry, Messachusetts Institute of Technology, USA, 1988
- M.S. Chemistry, Seoul National University, Korea, 1982
- B.S. Chemistry, Seoul National University, Korea, 1980
- Research Fellow, MIT, USA, 1988-1990
- “Structure-Activity Relationships of Fluorene Compounds Inhibiting HCV Variants” Kim, H. S.; You, Y.; Mun, J. G.; Gadhed, C. G.; Moon, H.; Lee, J. S.; Pae, A. N.; Kohara, M.; Keum, G.; Kim, B. M.; Chang, S. K. Antiviral Research, 2020, 174, 104678.
- “AuPd–Fe3O4 nanoparticle-catalyzed synthesis of furan-2,5-dimethylcarboxylate from biomass-derived 5-hydroxymethylfurfural under mild conditions.” Cho, A.; Byun, S.; Cho, J. H.; Kim, B. M. ChemSusChem, 2019, 12, 2310-2317.
- "Synthesis of arenesulfonyl fluorides via sulfuryl fluoride incorporation from arynes" Kwon, J.; Kim, B. M. Org. Lett. 2019, 21, 428–433.
- “Chemoselective Tyrosine Bioconjugation through Sulfate Click Reaction.” Choi, E. J.; Jung, D.; Kim, S.-S.; Lee, Y.; Kim, B. M., Chem-Eur. J. 2018, 24, 10948-10952.
- “AuPd−Fe3O4 Nanoparticle Catalysts for Highly Selective, One‐Pot Cascade Nitro‐Reduction and Reductive Amination” Cho, A.; Byun, S.; Kim, B. M. Adv. Synth. Catal. 2018, 360, 1253-1261.
- “Heterogenized bimetallic Pd–Pt–Fe3O4 nanoflakes as extremely robust, magnetically recyclable catalysts for selective nitroarene reduction” Byun, S.; Song, Y.; Kim, B. M. ACS Appl. Mater. Interfaces, 2016, 8, 14637-14647.
70. Synthesis, Structure, Luminescence and Photophysical Properties of Nano CuOㆍZnOㆍZnAl2O4 Multi Metal Oxide
Md Abdus Subhan, Tanzir Ahmed, Robeul Awal, Ryuzi Makioka, Hiroyasu Nakata, Tuula T. Pakkanen, Mika Suvanto, B. Moon Kim, Md Abdus Subhan
Journal of Luminescence, 2014, 146, 1, 123-127, (2014-02-01)
Jik Chin, Soon Ho Kwon, Kimia Moozeh, Soon Mog So, Alan J. Lough, B. Moon Kim, Jik Chin
Organic & Biomolecular Chemistry, 2013, 11, 46, 8022-8025, (2013-12-14)
68. Highly Selective Wacker Oxidation of Terminal Olefins Using Magnetically Recyclable Pd-Fe3O4 Heterodimer Nanocrystals
Sangmoon Byun, Jooyoung Chung, Youngjin Jang, Jungmin Kwon, Taeghwan Hyeon, B. Moon Kim
RSC Advances, 2013, 3, 37, 16296-16299, (2013-10-07)
67. Selectivity Between N-1 and N-7 Nucleosides: Regioselective Synthesis of BMK-Y101, a Potent cdk7 and 9 Inhibitor
Young-Jong Kim, Soon Ho Kwon, Il Hak Bae, B. Moon Kim
Tetrahedron Letters, 2013, 54, 40, 5484-5488, (2013-10-02)
66. Heck and Sonogashira Cross-Coupling Reactions Using Recyclable Pd-Fe3O4 Heterodimeric Nanocrystal Catalysts
Jooyoung Chung, Jinju Kim, Youngjin Jang, Sangmoon Byun, Taeghwan Hyeon, B. Moon Kim
Tetrahedron Letters, 2013, 54, 38, 5192-5196, (2013-09-18)
65. Direct Catalytic C-H Arylation of Imidazo[1,2-a]pyridine With Aryl Bromides Using Magnetically Recyclable Pd-Fe3O4 Nanoparticles
Tetrahedron, 2013, 69, 27-28, 5660-5664, (2013-07-08)
Jooyoung Chung, Chanhoi Kim, Hansaem Jeong, Taekyung Yu, Do Huy Binh, Jyongsik Jang, Jaichan Lee, B. Moon Kim, Byungkwon Lim
Chemistry-An Asian Journal, 2013, 8, 5, 919-925, (2013-05-01)
63. A Salt Stress-Activated Mitogen-activated Protein Kinase in Soybean is Regulated by Phosphatidic Acid in Early Stages of the Stress Response
Jong Hee Im, Hyoungseok Lee, Jitae Kim, Ho Bang Kim, Kim Seyoung, B. Moon Kim, Chung Sun An
Journal of Plant Biology, 2012, 55, 4, 303-309, (2012-08-01)
62. From L-Ascorbic Acid to Protease Inhibitors: Practical Synthesis of Key Chiral Epoxide Intermediates for Aspartyl Proteases
Sun Ki Chang, Soon Mog So, Sang Min Lee, Min Kyu Kim, Kyoung Mee Seol, Sung Min Kim, Jae sung Kang, Dong Joon Choo, Jae Yeol Lee, B. Moon Kim
Bulletin of The Korean Chemical Society, 2012, 33, 7, 2213-2218, (2012-07-20)