Our research in organic chemistry is focused on the development of efficient synthetic methodologies related to the synthesis of physiologically important compounds and the advancement of chiral catalysts aimed at practical asymmetric synthesis. Towards this goal, various heterogeneous media for catalyst immobilization are being actively pursued. Another major research interest of our group involves medicinal chemistry programs including the design and synthesis of various receptor ligands and enzyme inhibitors in connection with therapeutic intervention of human diseases such as obesity, depression and cancer. These medicinal chemistry approaches utilizes essential tools such as peptidomimetics and smart library construction.
- Ph.D. Chemistry, Messachusetts Institute of Technology, USA, 1988
- M.S. Chemistry, Seoul National University, Korea, 1982
- B.S. Chemistry, Seoul National University, Korea, 1980
- Research Fellow, MIT, USA, 1988-1990
- “Structure-Activity Relationships of Fluorene Compounds Inhibiting HCV Variants” Kim, H. S.; You, Y.; Mun, J. G.; Gadhed, C. G.; Moon, H.; Lee, J. S.; Pae, A. N.; Kohara, M.; Keum, G.; Kim, B. M.; Chang, S. K. Antiviral Research, 2020, 174, 104678.
- “AuPd–Fe3O4 nanoparticle-catalyzed synthesis of furan-2,5-dimethylcarboxylate from biomass-derived 5-hydroxymethylfurfural under mild conditions.” Cho, A.; Byun, S.; Cho, J. H.; Kim, B. M. ChemSusChem, 2019, 12, 2310-2317.
- "Synthesis of arenesulfonyl fluorides via sulfuryl fluoride incorporation from arynes" Kwon, J.; Kim, B. M. Org. Lett. 2019, 21, 428–433.
- “Chemoselective Tyrosine Bioconjugation through Sulfate Click Reaction.” Choi, E. J.; Jung, D.; Kim, S.-S.; Lee, Y.; Kim, B. M., Chem-Eur. J. 2018, 24, 10948-10952.
- “AuPd−Fe3O4 Nanoparticle Catalysts for Highly Selective, One‐Pot Cascade Nitro‐Reduction and Reductive Amination” Cho, A.; Byun, S.; Kim, B. M. Adv. Synth. Catal. 2018, 360, 1253-1261.
- “Heterogenized bimetallic Pd–Pt–Fe3O4 nanoflakes as extremely robust, magnetically recyclable catalysts for selective nitroarene reduction” Byun, S.; Song, Y.; Kim, B. M. ACS Appl. Mater. Interfaces, 2016, 8, 14637-14647.
91. New Synthetic Approach to Optically Activate Matsutakeol, the Major Flavor Component of Tricholoma matsutake, from L-Tartaric Acid
Won Hyung Lee, Il Hak Bae, B. Moon Kim, Young-Bae Seu
Bulletin of The Korean Chemical Society, 2016, 37, 12, 1910-1911, (2016-12-01)
Hyo Jin Kang, Weonu Choe, Jeong-Ki Min, Young-mi Lee, B. Moon Kim, Sang J. Chung
Journal of Chromatography A, 2016, 1466, 105-112, (2016-09-30)
89. Heterogenized Bimetallic Pd–Pt–Fe3O4 Nanoflakes as Extremely Robust, Magnetically Recyclable Catalysts for Chemoselective Nitroarene Reduction
Sangmoon Byun, Yeami Song, B. Moon Kim
ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces, 2016, 8, 23, 14637-14647, (2016-06-15)
88. Efficient Synthesis of Indole Derivatives via Tandem Cyclization Catalyzed by Magnetically Recoverable Palladium/Magnetite (Pd-Fe3O4) Nanocrystals
Jungmin Kwon, Jooyoung Chung, Sangmoon Byun, B. Moon Kim
Asian Journal of Organic Chemistry, 2016, 5, 4, 470-476, (2016-04-01)
87. Liquid crystal nanoparticle formulation as an oral drug delivery system for liver-specific distribution
International Journal of Nanomedicine, 2016, 11, 853-871, (2016-03-03)
86. Efficient Dermal Delivery of Retinyl Palmitate: Progressive Polarimetry and Raman Spectroscopy to Evaluate the Structure and Efficacy
Jun Bae Lee, Dong Ryeol Lee, Nak Cho Choi, Jihui Jang, Chun Ho Park, Moung Seok Yoon, Miyoung Lee, Kyoungae Won, Jae Sung Hwang, B. Moon Kim
European Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences, 2015, 78, 111-120, (2015-10-12)
Hyo Jin Kang, Weonu Choe, B. Moon Kim, Sang J. Chung
Macromolecular Research, 2015, 23, 9, 876-881, (2015-09-01)
84. Novel Benzidine and Diaminofluorene Prolinamide Derivatives as Potent Hepatitis C Virus NS5A Inhibitors
Il Hak Bae, Hee Sun Kim, Youngsu You, Chieyeon Chough, Weonu Choe, Min Kyung Seon, Seung Gi Lee, Gyochang Keum, Sung Key Jang, B. Moon Kim
European Journal of Medicinal Chemistry, 2015, 101, 163-178, (2015-08-28)
83. Synthesis Toward CRHR1 Antagonists Through 2,7-Dimethylpyrazolo[1,5-α][1,3,5]triazin-4(3H)-one C-H Arylation
Jinghai Long, Woong-Sup Lee, Chieyeon Chough, Il Hak Bae, B. Moon Kim
Journal of Organic Chemistry, 2015, 80, 9, 4716-4721, (2015-05-01)
82. Mechanistic Studies of Magnetically Recyclable Pd-Fe3O4 Heterodimeric Nanocrystal-Catalyzed Organic Reactions
Sangmoon Byun, Jooyoung Chung, Jungmin Kwon, B. Moon Kim
Chemistry-An Asian Journal, 2015, 10, 4, 982-988, (2015-04-01)