Our research in organic chemistry is focused on the development of efficient synthetic methodologies related to the synthesis of physiologically important compounds and the advancement of chiral catalysts aimed at practical asymmetric synthesis. Towards this goal, various heterogeneous media for catalyst immobilization are being actively pursued. Another major research interest of our group involves medicinal chemistry programs including the design and synthesis of various receptor ligands and enzyme inhibitors in connection with therapeutic intervention of human diseases such as obesity, depression and cancer. These medicinal chemistry approaches utilizes essential tools such as peptidomimetics and smart library construction.
- Ph.D. Chemistry, Messachusetts Institute of Technology, USA, 1988
- M.S. Chemistry, Seoul National University, Korea, 1982
- B.S. Chemistry, Seoul National University, Korea, 1980
- Research Fellow, MIT, USA, 1988-1990
- “Structure-Activity Relationships of Fluorene Compounds Inhibiting HCV Variants” Kim, H. S.; You, Y.; Mun, J. G.; Gadhed, C. G.; Moon, H.; Lee, J. S.; Pae, A. N.; Kohara, M.; Keum, G.; Kim, B. M.; Chang, S. K. Antiviral Research, 2020, 174, 104678.
- “AuPd–Fe3O4 nanoparticle-catalyzed synthesis of furan-2,5-dimethylcarboxylate from biomass-derived 5-hydroxymethylfurfural under mild conditions.” Cho, A.; Byun, S.; Cho, J. H.; Kim, B. M. ChemSusChem, 2019, 12, 2310-2317.
- "Synthesis of arenesulfonyl fluorides via sulfuryl fluoride incorporation from arynes" Kwon, J.; Kim, B. M. Org. Lett. 2019, 21, 428–433.
- “Chemoselective Tyrosine Bioconjugation through Sulfate Click Reaction.” Choi, E. J.; Jung, D.; Kim, S.-S.; Lee, Y.; Kim, B. M., Chem-Eur. J. 2018, 24, 10948-10952.
- “AuPd−Fe3O4 Nanoparticle Catalysts for Highly Selective, One‐Pot Cascade Nitro‐Reduction and Reductive Amination” Cho, A.; Byun, S.; Kim, B. M. Adv. Synth. Catal. 2018, 360, 1253-1261.
- “Heterogenized bimetallic Pd–Pt–Fe3O4 nanoflakes as extremely robust, magnetically recyclable catalysts for selective nitroarene reduction” Byun, S.; Song, Y.; Kim, B. M. ACS Appl. Mater. Interfaces, 2016, 8, 14637-14647.
11. Synthesis of a Chiral Aziridine Derivative as Highly Versatile Intermediate for HIV Protease Inhibitors
B. Moon Kim, Sung Jin Bae, Soon Mog So, Hyun Tae Yoo, Sun Ki Chang, Jung Hwan Lee, Jaesung Kang, B. Moon Kim
Organic Letters, 2001, 3, 15, 2349-2351, (2001-07-26)
Hong Myung Lee, Sang-Wook Kim, Taeghwan Hyeon, B. Moon Kim
Tetrahedron-Asymmetry, 2001, 12, 11, 1537-1541, (2001-07-04)
9. Chiral Proline-Derivative Anchored on Mesoposous Silicas and Their Application to the Asymmetric Diethylzinc Addition to Benzaldehyde
Sang-Wook Kim, Sung Jin Bae, Taeghwan Hyeon, B. Moon Kim
Microporous and Mesoporous Materials, 2001, 44-45, 523-529, (2001-04-06)
8. Dicobalt Octacarbonyl Catalyzed Carbonylated Cycloaddition of Triynes to Functionalized Tetracycles
Seung-Uk Son, Young-Ae Yoon, Dai Seung Choi, Jin Kyoon Park, B. Moon Kim, Young Keun Chung
Organic Letters, 2001, 3, 7, 1065-1067, (2001-04-05)
Jin-Seong Park, Kyoung Rak Kim, Hye Young Nam, Seonggu Ro, Dong Kyu Shin, B. Moon Kim
Peptides, 2001, 2001, 835-836, (2001-)
6. Preparation of N(π-alkyl-histamine and Histidine Derivatives Through Efficient Alkylation Followed by Deprotection Using Activated Silica Gel
Tetrahedron Letters, 2000, 41, 51, 10031-10034, (2000-12-16)
5. Crystallization and Preliminary X-ray Diffraction Analysis of Saccharomyces Cerevisiae Ygr203p, a Homologue of Acr2 arsenate Reductase
Jinho Moon, Young sil kim, Jae Young Lee, Seng-Je Cho, Hyun Kyu Song, Jong Hyun Cho, B. Moon Kim, Kyeong Kyu Kim, Se Won Suh
Acta Crystallographica Section D - Biological Crystallography, 2000, D56, 6, 778-780, (2000-06-01)
4. New Chiral Heterogeneous Catalysts Based on Mesoporous Silica: Asymmetric Diethylzinc Addition to Benzaldehyde
Sung Jin Bae, Sang-Wook Kim, Taeghwan Hyeon, B. Moon Kim
Chemical Communications, 2000, 2000, 1, 31-32, (2000-01-06)
Tetrahedron Letters, 1999, 40, 43, 7687-7690, (1999-10-22)
Tetrahedron Letters, 1999, 40, 29, 5333-5336, (1999-07-16)