Our research in organic chemistry is focused on the development of efficient synthetic methodologies related to the synthesis of physiologically important compounds and the advancement of chiral catalysts aimed at practical asymmetric synthesis. Towards this goal, various heterogeneous media for catalyst immobilization are being actively pursued. Another major research interest of our group involves medicinal chemistry programs including the design and synthesis of various receptor ligands and enzyme inhibitors in connection with therapeutic intervention of human diseases such as obesity, depression and cancer. These medicinal chemistry approaches utilizes essential tools such as peptidomimetics and smart library construction.
- Ph.D. Chemistry, Messachusetts Institute of Technology, USA, 1988
- M.S. Chemistry, Seoul National University, Korea, 1982
- B.S. Chemistry, Seoul National University, Korea, 1980
- Research Fellow, MIT, USA, 1988-1990
- “Structure-Activity Relationships of Fluorene Compounds Inhibiting HCV Variants” Kim, H. S.; You, Y.; Mun, J. G.; Gadhed, C. G.; Moon, H.; Lee, J. S.; Pae, A. N.; Kohara, M.; Keum, G.; Kim, B. M.; Chang, S. K. Antiviral Research, 2020, 174, 104678.
- “AuPd–Fe3O4 nanoparticle-catalyzed synthesis of furan-2,5-dimethylcarboxylate from biomass-derived 5-hydroxymethylfurfural under mild conditions.” Cho, A.; Byun, S.; Cho, J. H.; Kim, B. M. ChemSusChem, 2019, 12, 2310-2317.
- "Synthesis of arenesulfonyl fluorides via sulfuryl fluoride incorporation from arynes" Kwon, J.; Kim, B. M. Org. Lett. 2019, 21, 428–433.
- “Chemoselective Tyrosine Bioconjugation through Sulfate Click Reaction.” Choi, E. J.; Jung, D.; Kim, S.-S.; Lee, Y.; Kim, B. M., Chem-Eur. J. 2018, 24, 10948-10952.
- “AuPd−Fe3O4 Nanoparticle Catalysts for Highly Selective, One‐Pot Cascade Nitro‐Reduction and Reductive Amination” Cho, A.; Byun, S.; Kim, B. M. Adv. Synth. Catal. 2018, 360, 1253-1261.
- “Heterogenized bimetallic Pd–Pt–Fe3O4 nanoflakes as extremely robust, magnetically recyclable catalysts for selective nitroarene reduction” Byun, S.; Song, Y.; Kim, B. M. ACS Appl. Mater. Interfaces, 2016, 8, 14637-14647.
31. A Novel Chemoentrapment Approach for Supportless Recycling of a Catalyst: Catalytic Asymmetric Dihydroxylation
Dae Won Lee, Honggeun Lee, Seyoung Kim, Chang-Eun Yeom, B. Moon Kim
Advanced Synthesis & Catalysis, 2006, 348, 9, 1021-1024, (2006-06-01)
30. Filtration-Free Recyclable Catalytic Asymmetric Dihydroxylation Using a Ligand Immobilized on Magnetic Mesocellular Mesoporous Silica
Dae Won Lee, Jinwoo Lee, Hong Geun Lee, Sunmi Jin, Taeghwan Hyeon, B. Moon Kim
Advanced Synthesis & Catalysis, 2006, 348, 1-2, 41-46, (2006-01-01)
29. Efficient Chemoselective Deprotection of Silyl Ethers using Catalytic 1-chloroethyl Chloroformate in Methanol
Chang Eun Yeom, Young Jong Kim, So Young Lee, Yong Je Shin, B. Moon Kim
Tetrahedron, 2005, 61, 52, 12227-12237, (2005-12-26)
28. A Cobalt(III)-Salen Complex with an Axial Substituent in the Diamine Backbone: Stereoselective Recognition of Amino Alcohols
Hae-Jo Kim, Woo Sung Kim, Alan J. Lough, B. Moon Kim, Jik Chin
Journal of The American Chemical Society, 2005, 127, 48, 16776-16777, (2005-12-07)
27. Mild and Chemoselective Deacetylation Method Using a Catalytic Amount of Acetyl Chloride in Methanol
Chang-Eun Yeom, So Young Lee, Young Jong Kim, B. Moon Kim
Synlett, 2005, 2005, 10, 1527-1530, (2005-06-01)
26. Asymmetric Diethyl- and Diphenylzinc Additions to Aldehydes by Using a Fluorine-Containing Chiral Amino Alcohol: A Striking Temperature Effect on the Enantioselectivity, a Minimal Amino Alcohol Loading, and an Efficient Recycling of the Amino Alcohol
Jin Kyoon Park, Hong Geun Lee, Carsten Bolm, B. Moon Kim
Chemistry-A European Journal, 2005, 11, 3, 945-950, (2005-01-21)
25. Heterogeneous Asymmetric Nitro-Mannich Reaction using a Bis(oxazoline) Ligand Grafted on Mesoporous Silica
Anna Lee, Woosung Kim, Jinwoo Lee, B. Moon Kim, Taeghwan Hyeon
Tetrahedron-Asymmetry, 2004, 15, 17, 2595-2598, (2004-09-06)
24. Asymmetric Protonation of Ketone Enolates Using Chiral β-Hydroxyethers: Acidity-Tuned Enantioselectivity
Journal of Organic Chemistry, 2004, 69, 15, 5104-5107, (2004-07-23)
23. Bismuth Sulfonate Immobilized on Silica Gel for Allylation of Aldehydes and Synthesis of Homoallylic Amines
Jin Kyoon Park, Jin Woo Kim, Taegwhan Hyeon, B. Moon Kim
Catalysis Letters, 2004, 96, 3-4, 201-204, (2004-07-01)
22. Recycling Chiral Imidazolidin-4-one Catalyst for Asymmetric Diels-Alder Reactions: Screening of Various Ionic Liquids
Jin Kyoon Park, B. Moon Kim
Advanced Synthesis & Catalysis, 2004, 346, 1, 49-52, (2004-01-01)