Our research in organic chemistry is focused on the development of efficient synthetic methodologies related to the synthesis of physiologically important compounds and the advancement of chiral catalysts aimed at practical asymmetric synthesis. Towards this goal, various heterogeneous media for catalyst immobilization are being actively pursued. Another major research interest of our group involves medicinal chemistry programs including the design and synthesis of various receptor ligands and enzyme inhibitors in connection with therapeutic intervention of human diseases such as obesity, depression and cancer. These medicinal chemistry approaches utilizes essential tools such as peptidomimetics and smart library construction.
- Ph.D. Chemistry, Messachusetts Institute of Technology, USA, 1988
- M.S. Chemistry, Seoul National University, Korea, 1982
- B.S. Chemistry, Seoul National University, Korea, 1980
- Research Fellow, MIT, USA, 1988-1990
- “Structure-Activity Relationships of Fluorene Compounds Inhibiting HCV Variants” Kim, H. S.; You, Y.; Mun, J. G.; Gadhed, C. G.; Moon, H.; Lee, J. S.; Pae, A. N.; Kohara, M.; Keum, G.; Kim, B. M.; Chang, S. K. Antiviral Research, 2020, 174, 104678.
- “AuPd–Fe3O4 nanoparticle-catalyzed synthesis of furan-2,5-dimethylcarboxylate from biomass-derived 5-hydroxymethylfurfural under mild conditions.” Cho, A.; Byun, S.; Cho, J. H.; Kim, B. M. ChemSusChem, 2019, 12, 2310-2317.
- "Synthesis of arenesulfonyl fluorides via sulfuryl fluoride incorporation from arynes" Kwon, J.; Kim, B. M. Org. Lett. 2019, 21, 428–433.
- “Chemoselective Tyrosine Bioconjugation through Sulfate Click Reaction.” Choi, E. J.; Jung, D.; Kim, S.-S.; Lee, Y.; Kim, B. M., Chem-Eur. J. 2018, 24, 10948-10952.
- “AuPd−Fe3O4 Nanoparticle Catalysts for Highly Selective, One‐Pot Cascade Nitro‐Reduction and Reductive Amination” Cho, A.; Byun, S.; Kim, B. M. Adv. Synth. Catal. 2018, 360, 1253-1261.
- “Heterogenized bimetallic Pd–Pt–Fe3O4 nanoflakes as extremely robust, magnetically recyclable catalysts for selective nitroarene reduction” Byun, S.; Song, Y.; Kim, B. M. ACS Appl. Mater. Interfaces, 2016, 8, 14637-14647.
Chang-Eun Yeom, Mi Jeong Kim, Whail Choi, B. Moon Kim
Synlett, 2008, 2008, 4, 565-568, (2008-03-01)
40. Discovery of Novel Transcription Factor Inhibitors Using a Pyrazole-based Small Molecule Library
Hyung-Ho Ha, B. Moon Kim
Bulletin of The Korean Chemical Society, 2008, 29, 2, 323-327, (2008-02-20)
39. Novel Heterocycle-Substituted Pyrimidines as Inhibitors of NF-κB Transcription Regulation Related to TNF-α Cytokine Release
Hyung-Ho Ha, Jee Seon Kim, B. Moon Kim
Bioorganic & Medicinal Chemistry Letters, 2008, 18, 2, 653-656, (2008-01-15)
38. Chiral C2-Symmetric Cu(II) Complex Immobilized in Ionic Liquids: A Recoverable Catalytic System for Enantioselective Hetero-Diels-Alder Reaction
Yong Je Shin, Chang-Eun Yeom, Mi Jeong Kim, B. Moon Kim
Synlett, 2008, 2008, 1, 89-93, (2008-01-01)
37. Chiral Bis(oxazoline)-copper Complex Catalyzed Diels-Alder Reaction in Ionic Liquids: Remarkable Reactivity and Selectivity Enhancement, and Efficient Recycling of the Catalyst
Chang-Eun Yeom, Hye Won Kim, Yong Je Shin, B. Moon Kim
Tetrahedron Letters, 2007, 48, 51, 9035-9039, (2007-12-17)
Chang-Eun Yeom, Mi Jeong Kim, B. Moon Kim
Tetrahedron, 2007, 63, 4, 904-909, (2007-01-22)
35. Acetyl Chloride-mediated Mild and Chemoselective Attachment and Removal of Tetrahydropyranyl (THP) Group
Chang-Eun Yeom, Yong-Je Shin, B. Moon Kim
Bulletin of The Korean Chemical Society, 2007, 28, 1, 103-107, (2007-01-20)
Woo-Sung Kim, Cindy Chun, Hyunwoo Kim, Alan J. Lough, B. Moon Kim, Jik Chin
Bulletin of The Korean Chemical Society, 2007, 28, 1, 133-135, (2007-01-20)
33. DBU-Mediated Mild and Chemoselective Deprotection of Aryl Silyl Ethers and Tandem Biaryl Ether Formation
Chang-Eun Yeom, Hye Won Kim, So Young Lee, B. Moon Kim
Synlett, 2007, 2007, 1, 146-150, (2007-01-01)
Woosung Kim, Soon Mog So, Leonid Chagal, Alan J. Lough, B. Moon Kim, Jik Chin
Journal of Organic Chemistry, 2006, 71, 23, 8966-8968, (2006-11-10)